Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Holiday! Family and friends alike!

I've been missing from blog land too long. We have been house hunting, college touring and car shopping. Not a whole lot of time left for quilting!

We are house hunting and looking for a car for daughter #1 who will be transferring to a different school next Fall. The school only seems to guarantee housing for the first and second year students, and not for transfer students. Not sure what we're going to do yet.

The College touring has been for daughter #2. We looked at 6 schools in 3 days! For those of you that have never toured colleges, It can be quite exhausting just touring one school depending on how large it is!

The "Squirrel" was a critter we spied when we were on one of the College tours! It was really fun to see it working on trying to open the jar. It was perfect timing as we were becoming a bit stressed that day. I'm not sure that it really needs any more peanut butter. It looks pretty round in the tummy already!!
When I have had some free time I've been working on finishing Mr. Hockey Man. As you can see I have had plenty of help doing it. :0)

Mr. Hockey man has taken a long time for me to finish. I can't tell you how many times I had to change threads for this quilt!!! Hubby had better really appreciate this one! I just have to finish sewing the binding down, put a label on him and then I can call it finished!
Have a great day! :0)

11 comments:

  1. Forgive me for asking Karen , is your cat cross-eyed? I love your Mr. Hockey Man...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hockey quilt looks fantastic! What is it with cats and quilts - my cat is always lying right in the middle of what I want to work on.

    Cute little squirrel too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The team logo really pulled Hockey Man together, looks real good and I'm guessing that your favorite hockey fan is going to love it! I know how these long-term projects seem to take forever. Your cat must be part Siamese? My mother's kitty has slightly crossed looking eyes - very pretty blue eyes like your kitty! So funny that squirrel with a peanut butter container, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh....was kitty high on some nip? Just kidding...but his eyes are so pretty and fun!!
    Your hubby will love that quilt...has he seen it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - kitty needs corrective lens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful photo of your cat! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure are a busy person my friend. Your work is most beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Hockey Man quilt, it's fantastic!! Good Job Karen. Your cat is pretty cute too, looks like he's/she's enjoying the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrific hockey quilt. Really impressive work. We are car shopping too - and it takes a big chunk out of your day. Is your college shopping in state or out?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwee, the hockey quilt turned out just fabulous. You did a great job and I know your husband will love it.
    We never went through what you are going with your kids. Mine stayed close to home so it was easy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have done a great job, your hockey quilt is amazing! What a big surprise for your husband! I think he will be speachless!

    ReplyDelete