Thursday, February 12, 2009

"The Box"

I am a member of a quilt bee called "The Sew n' Sews". We meet every other Wednusday. This past Wednusday it was my turn to host. One of the things we are doing right now is passing a "box" around to each member. The "box" is filled with unwanted items from all of the members. When we first started each member was to bring several items which were sewing related that they no longer wanted. (One persons trash is another persons Treasure!). One member is then choosen, by having their name drawn from a basket, to take the box home. The lucky person gets to rummage through "the box" and take out any and all items they may want! But, they must refill "the box" with things they no longer want so the next person might have a full box of goodies to pick from. Guess what? I got to keep "the box" for the next two weeks! Boy, there is a lot of stuff in "the box"! Books, fabric, pincushions, scraps of fabric as well as fat quarters, unwanted blocks from a quilt someone abandoned, webbing, patterns and tools. Whew! Well, I finally figured out what I wanted to keep. Now I need to fill the box back up with things that I may not be using or no longer want. Hmmm. I might as well start my "Spring Cleaning" now. Which means I will begin in my sewing room!

1 comment:

  1. That is a good idea! I bet I would find more than I should!!!

    ReplyDelete